A delicious blend of almond paste, nut cheese, chard, mung bean sprouts, carrots, and avocado.
Basil Almond Pate
20min. prep/ 8 hours soaking/ makes 2 cups
- 1 C almonds
- 1C basil, tightly packed
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 Tbl lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbl Nama shoyu
- 2 Tsp garlic, minced
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, ground to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
1. Soak almonds 8 hours in a bowl or jar
2. Place almond in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
20 min. prep/ 6 hrs soaking/ makes 3-4 servings
- 2 C cashews
- 1 C filtered water
- 1/3 C red bell pepper, diced
- 2 1/2 Tbl green onion, diced
- 2 Tbl cilantro, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 tsp nama shoyu, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- pince crushed red pepper flakes
1. Blend cashews with filtered water until very smooth. Place in a 1/2 gallon open-mouthed glass jar. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and secure with a rubber band. Cover with a towel and allow to sit in a warm place overnight.
2. Pour cashew mixture into a large mixing bowl, combine with remaining ingredients and mix well.
Cucumber Mint Dressing
15 min. prep/ 2 2/3 cups
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped (1 1/4 C)
- 1 C filtered water or coconut water
- 1/4 C Cashews or macdamia nuts
- 2 Tbl Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, raw
- 2 tsp mint leaf, minced
- 1/2 tsp nama shoyu, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced (optional)
- pinch cayenne pepper
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy.
Chard Rolls (The fun part)
15 min. prep/ 1 serving
- 1 large chard leaf, rinsed well
- 1/4 C Basil Almond pate
- 1 Tbl Cashew Cheez
- 1 slice avocado
- sprinkle mung bean sprouts
- 1 Tbl carrots, grated
1. Lay out a chard leaf on a clean surface. Place a small scoop of pate towards the bottom of the leaf in the center, form into a small rectangle. Top with Nut Cheez, avocado, mung sprouts, and carrots.
2. Fold in sides and roll away from you, like a burrito, until all the filling is enclosed and roll is as firm as possible.
3. Slice in half and enjoy with Cucumber Mint Dressing. I used wooden toothpicks to hold it together.