Recipe from “Raw Food for Dummies.”
- 1 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 TB. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/8 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper or to taste
1. Place water, macadamia nuts, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, nutritional yeast, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a blender, and blend on high for 40 to 60 seconds until smooth as possible.
- 1 1/2 cups carrot, peeled, and thinly julienned or grated
- 1 cup zucchini, thinly julienned or spiralized
- 1 cup gold bar squash, thinly julienned or spiralized
- 1 cup red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, and thinly julienned
- 2 tsp. basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. Italian flat-leaf parsley, chapped
- 1/2 cup Alfreda Sauce
- 2 TB. pine nuts (an alternative could be crushed macadamia nuts)
1. Combine carrot, zucchini, squash, red bell pepper, basil, and parsley in a medium-size mixing bowl and stir well.
2. Add Alfreda Sauce and stir well. Place veggies on plates, and drizzle with leftover Alfreda Sauce. Garnish with sprinkle of pine nuts (or crushed macadamia nuts).